RIF was key to ensuring success, as it provides a collaborative vehicle for small businesses to develop and provide innovative technology to customers. With the support of RIF, CHA collaborated with KOVA Global (KOVA) to effect the necessary technology advances to realize the goal.
Several objectives were identified and addressed:
- Utilization of key advancements in neural networks and AI capabilities through ML, natural language processing, and deep learning;
- Improved content delivery, including immersive, interactive model-based intelligence for what-if analysis and a focus on integration;
- Application of discovery, analysis, and integrations against different types of captured media;
- Delivery of platform and infrastructure solutions to ensure flexibility, scalability, and security;
- Support of rapid prototyping to create a secure environment for the user to conduct sense-making analysis of big data, new technology insertion, small application, or scripting configuration requirements.
For product success, the above objectives were critical, as was creation of an open architecture and open application data interface (API) to ensure feature integration and data access for creating alternative solutions to large systems using modern services and capabilities available in unclassified clouds like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. Finally, the ability to quickly spin up new instances by leveraging cloud or local environments was also identified as necessary for achieving the stated goal.
CHA’s fully managed, turnkey environment for high-volume ML computations, FogLifter, was employed to accomplish the deliverables. A stand-alone, scalable, secure, and fully dedicated mobile AI framework powered by NVIDIA NGC, FogLifter provides baseline capabilities of the current cloud ingestion and categorization pipeline with no external infrastructure requirements.